Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Autumn Time!

This Sunday I pulled out my "good for every single October" Primary Pumpkin.  I found this idea last year on sugardoodle.net

These are the pumpkin faces I found.  I used my favorite parts for the Primary Pumpkin:







I just put a number on the back of each pumpkin piece to represent my "song list".  Then I brought a trick-or-treat pumpkin holding the following items:

1.  Walkie-Talkies:  if the kids choose this, one child goes to the drinking fountain in the hall (with a teacher ... or the whole class).  We then converse through the walkie-talkie.  The primary sings the song for them (via walkie-talkie), and the child in the hall tries to guess the song we sang.

2.  Headband:  if the kids choose this, we play Headband Hero for the song that was picked!  (One child wears a headband with a card taped to the front.  I write one word from the song onto the card.  Now - the primary can see that word, but the child wearing the headband can't!  We all sing the song until we come to the word on the card - and then we say "shhhhhhh" in place of that word.)  If the child wearing the headband can guess the right word - he/she's the headband hero!

3.  Markers:  I drew a picture to represent each song with a white crayon on white paper.  If the kids choose the markers, they get to color over the "Secret Code" and everyone tries to guess what song was chosen (from the Primary Pumpkin face pieces):
Above picture shows the "blank" secret code - then the "revealed" secret code.  I rolled the "codes" up individually and numbered them to match the numbers on my "song list".


We all really had a good time ... junior AND senior primary.

I also really liked this idea that I found from "The Children Sing" blog.  We use these when we sing "It's Autumn Time".

Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment